A classic cocktail recipe made with fresh sage leaves, ginger root, fresh lemons and LemonTop Gin.
Sage and ginger is an old English mixture of herbs and spices that were used in cooking and medicine. This simple gin cocktail combines these flavours into a delicious drink.
Sage has been used as a culinary herb since ancient times. It is native to Europe and Asia and is now grown worldwide. In addition to its use in cooking, sage has also been used medicinally. It contains volatile oils that have antibacterial properties. These oils help relieve pain and inflammation. Ginger is another popular spice that comes from the tropical plant Zingiber officinale. It is native to Southeast Asia and India. Ginger is often added to food and drinks because of its spicy flavour. It has been used medicinally for thousands of years. Ginger helps reduce nausea and vomiting caused by motion sickness, morning sickness during pregnancy, and indigestion.
This sage & ginger cocktail is perfect for those who enjoy a little bit of spice in their life. If you love the taste of ginger, then you will definitely enjoy this cocktail!
What You’ll need
You’ll need a few tools to make the Sage & Ginger Cocktail at home. A shaker is used to mix ingredients together, while a strainer is used to remove any solid particles from the drink. An easy way to serve cocktails at parties is to consider serving them in martini glasses. They’re small enough to fit easily into any party setting, and they make it easier to pour drinks without spilling.
Use Plenty Of Ice
You’ll find that people who enjoy drinking cocktails often prefer to use ice cubes rather than crushed ice. This is because crushed ice tends to melt faster, making it harder to measure out the right amount of liquid.
To make a Corpse Reviver No2 Cocktail, you will need the following ingredients
- 50ml LemonTop Gin
- 50ml Water
- 50ml Sugar
- 1 bunch of fresh Sage leaves
- 2 x Fresh Lemons (50ml of squeeze juice)
- 3 cm of Ginger root
Making the Sage & Ginger simple syrup
- Peel the ginger root and then cut it into chunks.
- Gently bruise the sage leavers.
- Put the sage and ginger root into a small pan.
- Add the water and sugar to the pan.
- Heat the pan until the sugar has melted and the mixture boils.
- Once boiled remove from the heat and leave to cool.
Making the Sage & Ginger LemonTop Gin Cocktail
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lemons and set it aside in a small bowl.
- Slice the second lemon into rings.
- Add 50ml of LemonTop Gin to your cocktail shaker.
- Add 50ml of simple syrup.
- Add 50ml of fresh lemon juice.
- Shake together.
- Pour into your cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the fresh sliced lemon and sprig of sage.
Share your Cocktail photos with us
We love to see how you enjoy LemonTop Gin so please tag us in your photos of you enjoying your Sage & Ginger Cocktail Cocktail.
To take a look at our other easy-to-make cocktails recipes click our ‘Cocktails & Recipes‘ link.