A fabulous brand new recipe brought to you by the amazing It’s From Scratch!
Many risotto recipes use a splash of white wine but the floral, sweet, sherbert nature of LemonTop Gin pairs well with the fennel. You do need to be stove-side for 25 minutes to stir the dish, so pop on your favourite podcast.
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 bulb of fennel (retain fronds for garnish)
- 300g of risotto rice
- 150g of cherry tomatoes
- 1.2 litres of vegetable stock
- 50ml of LemonTop Gin
- 25g grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative)
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Chop the fennel finely & cook until it is golden, this should take no more than 10 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice all at once to the pan and cook, stirring well so all the grains are covered in the fennel- flavoured butter and oil.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the pan along with the LemonTop Gin. Stir until the gin is absorbed.
- Add the stock a ladleful at a time, adding more each time it has been absorbed. Test towards the end of 20-25 minutes to see if the rice is cooked to your liking (tender but with bite is generally what you are looking for). You may not need all of the stock.
- If your fennel came with fronds, chop those and stir in alongside the parmesan. You can add in an extra tablespoon of butter to make your risotto extra glossy if you wish.
The cooking from scratch LemonTop Gin and fennel risotto recipe is also available to download as a pdf below.