Earl Grey Iced Tea with LemonTop Gin is a refreshing and relaxing drink to help you make the most of those long days of sunshine. Earl Grey tea has health benefits due to the calming and soothing bergamot oil so, whatever you are doing, having a pitcher of Earl Grey Iced Tea with LemonTop Gin ready will help you unwind.
Black iced tea is considered to be a standard iced tea but Earl Grey tea packs plenty of flavour on its own. Earl Grey is a great base tea for creating an Iced Tea with LemonTop Gin as the flavours infuse together but I would suggest you go with a good-quality Earl Grey, as this will make a difference to the taste.
You will need:
- 25ml of LemonTop Gin
- 50ml of Water
- 1 bag of Earl Grey Tea
- 15ml of Sugar Syrup
- 30ml of fresh lemon juice
- Plenty of ice
- Slice of lemon and mint to garnish
And this is how you can enjoy your LemonTop Gin Iced Earl Grey tea:
- Start by adding 50ml of boiling water into a jug.
- Add 15ml of sugar syrup for every 50ml of water. If you are using sugar rather than syrup add a heaped teaspoon but this really depends on how sweet you’d like your iced tea to be. Stir with a long spoon until dissolved.
- Immediately after the sugar has been dissolved, add the tea bag to the jug and allow it to steep for about 5 minutes, making sure to follow the steeping instructions on the bag.
- After steeping the tea, discard the tea bag, and allow it to sit until it comes to room temperature.
- Thoroughly stir in the LemonTop Gin.
- Add ice to your favourite tall glass and stir well
- Serve over ice
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and a slice of lemon
If you are scaling up this recipe for more servings add the boiled water to a warmed pot or pyrex jug.
Tag us in your LemonTop Gin Cocktails with @LemonTopGin and #LemonTopGin. Like the sound of our LemonTop Gin & coconut tropical twist? Be sure to try out all our other different gin cocktails & gin recipes too!