With the news that the official pudding of the Platinum Jubilee is the Lemon and Amaretti Trifle, we thought we’d join in the celebrations by creating our own version of this delicious pudding, the perfect way to end your Platinum Jubilee celebration along with one of our fabulous gin cocktail recipes.
This makes one big trifle for sharing but you could put it into individual portions! You could also add more LemonTop Gin – We tried everything between 50 and 150ml and it worked well with both!
- 60ml LemonTop Gin
- 300ml double cream
- 250g Marscapone
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 150g Custard
- 150g Lemon Curd
- Pack of sponge fingers cut in half lengthways to make a sandwich – or a Madeira cake cut into fingers.
- Pack of fresh Raspberries.
- Mint for garnish
- Mix the LemonTop Gin with the lemon juice
- Spread the centre of each sponge finger sandwich with some lemon curd and place in a large glass bowl.
- Drizzle the gin and lemon juice over the cakes.
- Sprinkle most of the raspberries over the cakes, reserving a few for garnish.
- Gently mix the mascarpone and custard together along with any leftover lemon curd until smooth and well combined.
- Tip the mascarpone and custard mix over the raspberries and cake.
- Whisk the cream until it leaves soft peaks, and spread over the custard.
- Scatter over the lemon zest, remaining raspberries and some mint.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you’re enjoying a LemonTop Gin Trifle or a glass of LemonTop Ice Cream flavour gin over the Platinum Jubilee weekend.